1. Research Laboratory
The laboratory consists of pulp, paper, cellulose derivatives and environment laboratories.
- The pulp laboratory is equipped with : microscope, chips classifier, Wiley mill, autoclave, RDH digester, MK Circulating digester, pulp defiberizer, plate screen, pulp shredder, pulp washer, pulp press, glassware for Kappa number determination and analysis of cooking and bleaching chemicals, analysis of black liquor, bleaching equipments, handsheet former, PFI mill, Niagara and Valley beater, CSFand SR freeness tester, automatic sheet press, disc refiner, and fiber classifier.
- The paper laboratory is equipped with hydropulper, handsheet former, deinking unit, Niagara and Valley beater, paper dryer, calendar, stock press, fiber classifier, disintegrator, refiner, proofer coater, CSF freeness tester.
- The cellulose derivatives laboratory is equipped with apparatus for rayon viscose and fiber making.
- The environment laboratory is equipped with apparatus for treatment such as moving bed bio-film reactor, activated sludge provided with selector system, anaerobic treatment and UASB (Up-flow Anaerobic Sludge Blanket)
2. Testing Laboratory
The laboratory has been accredited by National Accreditation Body/Committee. The equipments available in the laboratory are tensile tester, Elrepho, Hunter reflectometer, AOX-analyzer, Stereo microscope, tearing tester, bursting tester, IGT, cobb tester, porosity tester (Bendtsen and Gurley), Parker Print Surf, micrometer, abrassion tester, medium fluter, compression tester, Taber stiffness tester, formation tester, MIT folding tester, aging chamber, pH meter, GC, GC, MS, HPLC, AAS (Shimadzu and Perkin-Elmer), Spectrophotometer, TCLP, BOD, COD, and air emission tester.
3. Calibration Laboratory
The laboratory has been accredited by National Accreditation Body/Committee. The Laboratory is equipped with F-1 standard weight, mass standard for Instron and tearing tester, Dillon forge gauge, glass and digital thermometer, thermocouple, dial caliper, feeler gauge, standard ruler, spring steel, certified aluminum foil, standard brightness material (Plate and BaSO4 ), standard gloss, load cell, dead weight tester, gauge tester, and psychrometer, and standard Buffer.
4. Used-Beverage Carton Recycling Facilities
Central for Pulp and Paper has a Used-Beverage Carton Recycling Facilities with a capacity of 8 -10 tons of the product (oven dry) per month.
5. Business Incubator Facilities
For the development of small industries of paper, CPP also has a Business Incubator which is equipped with the art of papermaking equipment (handmade paper).
Library CPP has a collection not less than 5000 books and scientific journals in the fields of pulp, paper, cellulose derivatives and the environment, and other related fields.